The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has updated the numbers for the trucking industry yet again. The numbers, while mostly preliminary, are looking good.
Every month, the BLS updates the data for the last three months. They make a new preliminary estimate, revise an older preliminary, and solidify the final number for three months back.
With that in mind, the employment counts released in early August 2021 are:
- July 2021: 1,491,800 (preliminary).
- June 2021: 1,488,400 (preliminary, 1,900 more than the previous estimate).
- May 2021: 1,482,000 (solidified, 1,900 more than the previous estimate, 2,300 jobs higher than the first estimate).
The trucking industry is now only approximately 33,000 jobs short of its pre-pandemic numbers for February 2020. With the trucking industry ablaze due to increased demand, hopefully it can find enough warm bodies to fit into cabs nationwide.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- Congress Considers Side Guards for Trailers
- Truck Parking Bill Makes a Comeback
- Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Plan and How it Impacts Truckers
- CVSA Operation Safe Driver Week Starts July 11th
- Companies and Drivers Split on DRIVE-Safe Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- AB-5 Applies to Trucking, Appeals Court Ruled
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Fuel
- I-40 Bridge Shut Down Until Further Notice
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.