After canceling the event for two years in a row, the Mid-America Trucking Show (MATS) is scheduled to have its 50th anniversary this year. With how close the event is to the time of writing and no news of it slowing down, it appears slated to go.
The website for MATS has the tagline “Worth the Wait.” After being shelved for two years as well as it being the fiftieth anniversary since the trade show began in 1972, that slogan is a large order to fill, but it looks like MATS just may be able to do it.
The Louisville, Kentucky event is slated to have over:
- 1 million square feet of exhibits.
- 1,000 exhibitors from all aspects of the trucking industry, ranging from Aerodynamics Products to Truck Parts and Equipment.
- 70,000 attendees.
- 40 special events.
Events currently planned to be at MATS include:
- Truck Beauty Contest.
- A gathering for veterans-turned-truckers.
- “Tire Retreading: Myths and Misconceptions”
- FMCSA Information Session.
- “Money Money Money: How to make more money in trucking”
- Taxes and Business Structure Seminar.
The Elephant in the Socially-Distanced Room
Having been canceled for the past two years due to a certain pandemic, safety is the top priority of MATS for preventing a COVID-19 outbreak. Exhibits will be vastly spread across the lot and will be accompanied by numerous hand sanitizing stations. Face masks will not be required, but are strongly encouraged.
More details on the safety precautions being taken for the event can be read on the webpage dedicated to combating COVID-19.
The event runs for three days until March 26th, and admission is $20 for all three days. Additionally, truck parking is free, meaning that if you have a sleeper cab (or an extended sleeper cab), your overnight accommodations are free. Showers and services will also be available at the truck parking lot, enabling drivers to have fun at the convention while having their windshield replaced.
Unfortunately, TopMark Funding will not be attending the event, but we hope that if you go that you have an experience that is “Worth the Wait.”
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- FMCSA COVID-19 Emergency Extended Another Three Months
- NTEA Cancels Conference, but not for the Reason You Expect
- Johnny Cash and the Distance to go Everywhere, Man
- CTA Petitions the Supreme Court
- Senate Passes INVEST in America Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- Biden Signs Executive Order on Truck Emissions