On August 5th, Joseph Robinette Biden Junior signed “Executive Order on Strengthening American Leadership in Clean Cars and Trucks.“ It instructs various entities within the executive branch such as the Department of Transportation and Environmental Protection Agency to work towards better emission standards on all vehicles, especially heavy-duty trucks and their engines.
The Executive Order has a few goals to reach for the trucking industry in regards to 2030 models and earlier:
- Lower nitrogen oxide emissions (not to be confused with nitrous oxide – laughing gas).
- Lower greenhouse gas (carbon dioxide, methane, etc.) emissions.
- Better fuel efficiency standards.
The Executive Order also calls for various departments and agencies to work on strengthening the domestic supply chain for the automotive industry and to encourage states to follow standards previously set by California.
If you want our opinion on the Executive Order, we believe it focuses on the wrong direction of making the environment healthier.
The older the truck, the more pollution emissions it brings. The average truck on the road is a decade old at this point. Rather than putting better trucks on the road, society should focus on retiring older trucks. One way this could be achieved is by repealing the Federal Excise Tax, making newer trucks easier to buy so truck turnover increases.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- Congress Considers Side Guards for Trailers
- Truck Parking Bill Makes a Comeback
- Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Plan and How it Impacts Truckers
- CVSA Operation Safe Driver Week Starts July 11th
- Companies and Drivers Split on DRIVE-Safe Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- AB-5 Applies to Trucking, Appeals Court Ruled
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Fuel
- I-40 Bridge Shut Down Until Further Notice
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.