The cost of diesel fuel may be rising, but this may put a smile on a trucker’s face, or at least help alleviate the pain.
All three forms of freight jumped going through May, but dry van hauling simply had too large of a chasm to cross into $3 per mile. It rose a staggering nine cents per mile, more than covering the drop from April.
Flatbed and reefer hauling tell a different story. Flatbed continues to buck the trend and beats reefers by a penny per mile, where reefer hauling is at $3.11 as a national average.
With all of the chaos going on in the trucking industry–trucks and trailers flying off the lots and infrastructure policy debates raging on Capitol Hill–it is truly anyone’s guess as to what direction the rates will go for June. Will dry vans break the $3 per mile threshold before the industry cools off? We will have to wait and see.
Top Trucking Articles of the Past Year
- Congress Considers Side Guards for Trailers
- Truck Parking Bill Makes a Comeback
- Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Plan and How it Impacts Truckers
- CVSA Operation Safe Driver Week Starts July 11th
- Companies and Drivers Split on DRIVE-Safe Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- AB-5 Applies to Trucking, Appeals Court Ruled
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Fuel
- I-40 Bridge Shut Down Until Further Notice
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.