Another month, another update regarding average freight rates for dry van, flatbed, and reefer hauling.
By coronavirus standards, rates are doing very well, and have passed pre-pandemic rates for dry van and reefer. By June standards, however, the freight rate still leaves a little bit to be desired. This point is best illustrated via graph, where rates are either only a penny above, slightly below, or very far below previous June months for the last three years.
If there is one silver lining, the trucking industry is closer to exceeding pre-pandemic levels than ever before. We will update you when flatbed exceeds $2.14 per mile, and we will break out the confetti to celebrate.
CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] UPDATES AND ARTICLES
- Trucker’s Guide to When Every State is Reopening
- FMSCA Extends Hours of Service Relief Declaration
- How Truck Drivers Can Keep Their Cabs Clean During COVID-19
- International Roadcheck Delayed Over COVID-19 Fears
- Pennsylvania Reopens (Some) Rest Stops
- Truck Dealers Seek “Essential Status”
- Navistar And Paccar Halt Production
- Mack And Volvo Suspend Truck Production
- Fmcsa Expands Its COVID-19 Response
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and equipment financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Semi-Truck Financing
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.