The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration Wednesday, April 8 extended its national emergency declaration to May 15.
Originally enacted March 13, the declaration provides relief from hours of service regulations for drivers responding to the COVID-19 coronavirus outbreak. The original declaration was to expire Sunday, April 12.
The agency said the extension also covers liquefied gases to be used in refrigeration or cooling systems.
The declaration applies to drivers delivering:
- Medical supplies and equipment related to the testing, diagnosis and treatment of the COVID-19 coronavirus
- Equipment, supplies and persons necessary to establish and manage temporary housing, quarantine
- Food, paper products and other groceries for emergency restocking of distribution centers or stores
- Supplies and equipment — e.g. masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, soap and disinfectants — necessary for community safety, sanitation, and prevention of community transmission of COVID-19
- Raw materials, such as paper, plastic or alcohol, required for the manufacture of essential items
04/09/20 By TruckersNews
CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] UPDATES AND ARTICLES
- COVID-19 Updates from the CBC, WHO, ATA, and More
- How Truck Drivers Can Keep Their Cabs Clean During COVID-19
- International Roadcheck Delayed Over COVID-19 Fears
- Pennsylvania Reopens (Some) Rest Stops
- Truck Dealers Seek “Essential Status”
- Navistar And Paccar Halt Production
- Mack And Volvo Suspend Truck Production
- Fmcsa Expands Its COVID-19 Response
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and equipment financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about: Semi-Truck Financing
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.