Trucking Jobs Leap for August 2021
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) is often updating its preliminary numbers before it releases its final answer. We have compiled the changes so that you do not have to. Simply put, things are looking positive for the trucking industry.
August 2021 Numbers
The numbers for August are as follows:
- August 2021: 1,498,500 (preliminary).
- July 2021: 1,493,100 (preliminary, 1,300 more than previously reported)
- June 2021: 1,488,300 (solidified, 100 fewer than previous revision, 1,800 more than first posting).
In June we predicted that the final employment count for that month would be “phenomenal.” While that is not the case, it is still a pretty good increase.
Not only does the gap from July to August appear to be a strong increase of 5,000, but the jump from June is also significant. With trucks flying out of the lots, there is an increased demand for bodies to fill them. Hopefully this run of hiring lasts.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- Congress Considers Side Guards for Trailers
- Truck Parking Bill Makes a Comeback
- Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Plan and How it Impacts Truckers
- CVSA Operation Safe Driver Week Starts July 11th
- Companies and Drivers Split on DRIVE-Safe Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- AB-5 Applies to Trucking, Appeals Court Ruled
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Fuel
- I-40 Bridge Shut Down Until Further Notice
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
We have financing options for trailers, semi-trucks, commercial trucks, and small businesses. We have great rates, low down payments, and flexible monthly payments regardless of credit history.
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.