There seems to be no stopping the trucking industry. For yet another consecutive month, the freight rates for all three primary forms of shipment (dry van, flatbed, and reefer) have increased yet again.
Part of the blame can be shifted to the crash in rates that happened in the spring of this year, but using that as an explanation month after month is starting to become tiresome. All three forms of freight have the highest number for September in recent memory! Note that our graph down below for Flatbed shows a higher point for September 2018, but this number was not found via record but instead an average of months surrounding it, including August 2018’s $2.66 per mile.
Although October is in its infancy, DAT predicts the rate will drop in October for dry van and reefer. Even if it does, it will be hard pressed to be below October 2019.
CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] UPDATES AND ARTICLES
- Trucker’s Guide to When Every State is Reopening
- FMSCA Extends Hours of Service Relief Declaration
- How Truck Drivers Can Keep Their Cabs Clean During COVID-19
- International Roadcheck Delayed Over COVID-19 Fears
- Pennsylvania Reopens (Some) Rest Stops
- Truck Dealers Seek “Essential Status”
- Navistar And Paccar Halt Production
- Mack And Volvo Suspend Truck Production
- Fmcsa Expands Its COVID-19 Response
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and equipment financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Semi-Truck Financing
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.