Rate Average Hits Record High in September 2021
Maybe it is inflation. Perhaps it is the increased demand for goods delivered by trucks as brought upon by the COVID-19 pandemic. Maybe it is the dearth of truckers available to work. Whatever the case, the rate per mile on trucking continues to rise. DAT has the numbers.
September 2021 Numbers
- Dry van increased eight cents per mile, to a total of $2.83 per mile.
- Flatbed mileage rose by a penny, totaling $3.07.
- Reefer jumped the same amount as dry van, but with a higher price point in August, $3.23 is a smaller percentage gain for reefers, compared to dry van hauling.
- The average jumped a nickel to $3.04, marking the first time in recorded history the average has exceeded $3 per mile.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- FMCSA COVID-19 Emergency Extended Another Three Months
- NTEA Cancels Conference, but not for the Reason You Expect
- Johnny Cash and the Distance to go Everywhere, Man
- CTA Petitions the Supreme Court
- Senate Passes INVEST in America Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- Biden Signs Executive Order on Truck Emissions
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
We have financing options for trailers, semi-trucks, commercial trucks, and small businesses. We have great rates, low down payments, and flexible monthly payments regardless of credit history.
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.