Maybe it is inflation. Perhaps it is the increased demand for goods delivered by trucks as brought upon by the COVID-19 pandemic. Maybe it is the dearth of truckers available to work. Whatever the case, the rate per mile on trucking continues to rise. DAT has the numbers.
September 2021 Numbers
- Dry van increased eight cents per mile, to a total of $2.83 per mile.
- Flatbed mileage rose by a penny, totaling $3.07.
- Reefer jumped the same amount as dry van, but with a higher price point in August, $3.23 is a smaller percentage gain for reefers, compared to dry van hauling.
- The average jumped a nickel to $3.04, marking the first time in recorded history the average has exceeded $3 per mile.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- FMCSA COVID-19 Emergency Extended Another Three Months
- NTEA Cancels Conference, but not for the Reason You Expect
- Johnny Cash and the Distance to go Everywhere, Man
- CTA Petitions the Supreme Court
- Senate Passes INVEST in America Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- Biden Signs Executive Order on Truck Emissions
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.