Here we are at the end of another month, and the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has updated its numbers for the trucking industry yet again. If the preliminary numbers are accurate, then the trucking industry continues to be on a roll.
The numbers released in July are:
- June 2021: 1,486,500 (preliminary).
- May 2021: 1,480,100 (preliminary, 400 higher than the previous one).
- April 2021: 1,482,800 (solidified, 1,200 than last month, 2,500 than first reported).
Assuming that June follows the pattern of previous months in understating job numbers when the preliminary employee counts release, the final June numbers that we hear of at the start of September should be phenomenal.
Assuming the June preliminaries are 100% accurate, the trucking industry has 53,900 more workers than it did at the same time last year. The pandemic had a soft hold on the economy at the time, but not to the same extent as in May 2020. The trucking industry is still short about 34,000 from its all-time high in February 2020, but for the last year the number has been on the upswing. The industry just might hit record employment by February of next year.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- Congress Considers Side Guards for Trailers
- Truck Parking Bill Makes a Comeback
- Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Plan and How it Impacts Truckers
- CVSA Operation Safe Driver Week Starts July 11th
- Companies and Drivers Split on DRIVE-Safe Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- AB-5 Applies to Trucking, Appeals Court Ruled
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Fuel
- I-40 Bridge Shut Down Until Further Notice
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.