Growth cannot last forever. After a long run of consistently rising freight rates, it appears flatbed rates are the first of the three to have a month lower than the previous month.
Not to worry, however, as the flatbed rates only dropped one cent, so while flatbeds stumble, they are not tumbling down an impossible to escape downward spiral.
Coronavirus hysteria appears to be finally dying down, but the holiday rush has officially started. The two events intersecting caused the Outbound Volume Tender Index (OVTI) to reach its all-time high earlier, but the drop in a cent for flatbed shows the slightest hint of demand dying down. It will be interesting to see what the final month of 2020 has in store for dry van, flatbed, and reefer trucking.
CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] UPDATES AND ARTICLES
- Trucker’s Guide to When Every State is Reopening
- FMSCA Extends Hours of Service Relief Declaration
- How Truck Drivers Can Keep Their Cabs Clean During COVID-19
- International Roadcheck Delayed Over COVID-19 Fears
- Pennsylvania Reopens (Some) Rest Stops
- Truck Dealers Seek “Essential Status”
- Navistar And Paccar Halt Production
- Mack And Volvo Suspend Truck Production
- Fmcsa Expands Its COVID-19 Response
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and equipment financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Semi-Truck Financing
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.