The month of May resulted in some interesting phenomena for the trucking industry: usually when it comes to dry van, flatbed, and reefer hauling, the rates all change in the same direction. This has been a crazy year, which leads to some crazy changes.
For May, the reefer rate average rose, most likely due to the rising temperatures that come with the middle of the year. In contrast, dry van and flatbed hauling have dropped to their lowest points in at least the last three years.
Here are the graphs. Keep in mind the averages from April have been updated as DAT corrects their data over time to make it more accurate.
Dry Van April: $1.63
Dry Van May: $1.59
Flatbed April: $1.94
Flatbed May: $1.90
Reefer April: $1.93
Reefer May: $2.01
CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] UPDATES AND ARTICLES
- Trucker’s Guide to When Every State is Reopening
- FMSCA Extends Hours of Service Relief Declaration
- How Truck Drivers Can Keep Their Cabs Clean During COVID-19
- International Roadcheck Delayed Over COVID-19 Fears
- Pennsylvania Reopens (Some) Rest Stops
- Truck Dealers Seek “Essential Status”
- Navistar And Paccar Halt Production
- Mack And Volvo Suspend Truck Production
- Fmcsa Expands Its COVID-19 Response
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and equipment financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Semi-Truck Financing
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.