Listen to this article
While the numbers deviated slightly from the update in the middle of March, the massive jump in rates for all three forms of freight held steady.
- Dry Van ended at $2.67 per mile, a three cent decrease from the prediction in mid-March and a twenty-seven cent increase from February.
- Flatbed ended at $2.76 per mile, a six cent decrease from what was reported by the DAT in mid-March, but twenty cents higher than February.
- Reefer hauling was $2.94 in March, a one cent decrease from projections, but twenty-five cents per mile more than the previous month.
Part of this increase can be attributed to an increase in diesel fuel costs, of course, but most of it is directly due to our old friends supply and demand. The trucking industry has mostly been on a hot streak since at least August.
Top Trucking Articles of the Past Year
- Biden’s First 100 Days and How it May Affect Trucking
- FMCSA Considers 5/5 Sleeper Berth Split
- Top 10 Semi-Truck Financing Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are The Different Types of Dump Trucks
- DOT Secretary Elaine Chao Announces Resignation
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.