Normally we at TopMark Funding provide updates for freight rates monthly, however, we bring news that is too good not to share. The rates are closely approaching the numbers they were before the pandemic began (pre-pandemic), and for reefers have already passed the point.
The rates for all three forms of freight (dry van, flatbed, and reefer) are getting very close to the rates they were in February, the last month to not be affected by the worldwide COVID-19 pandemic. February has historically been the lowest month of the year in terms of freight rates, so by June standards the current freight rates leave a little to be desired, but the consistent upward trend is something to celebrate.
Is this upward trend of increasing freight rates a sign of economic recovery, or is it too soon to start celebrating? Comment below and let us know what you think about this turn of events for the trucking industry.
CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] UPDATES AND ARTICLES
- Trucker’s Guide to When Every State is Reopening
- FMSCA Extends Hours of Service Relief Declaration
- How Truck Drivers Can Keep Their Cabs Clean During COVID-19
- International Roadcheck Delayed Over COVID-19 Fears
- Pennsylvania Reopens (Some) Rest Stops
- Truck Dealers Seek “Essential Status”
- Navistar And Paccar Halt Production
- Mack And Volvo Suspend Truck Production
- Fmcsa Expands Its COVID-19 Response
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and equipment financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Semi-Truck Financing
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.