We wrote about this before, how trucking levels were on the brink of being above the price per mile before the pandemic hit. Now we can finally bust out that champagne: we are now above February’s rates!
Above and Beyond
Now at this point you are probably thinking this is hardly a cause for celebration; February is usually the lowest rate of the year, and the trucking industry has only exceeded this low bar now?
The real cause for celebration is that the pre-pandemic rate was not just exceeded, it was shattered. Based on DAT’s predictions for July so far:
- Dry van is at $2.05, a 24 cent increase from June.
- Flatbed is at $2.16, a 9 cent increase.
- Reefer is at $2.33, an 18 cent increase, and the highest point in the last twelve months.
There is so much evidence mounting up to the pandemic ending that it is unbelievable. Deaths per day are almost always below the average, trucking rates are going up, and businesses are expanding. The pandemic will be over soon, and we can hardly wait.
CORONAVIRUS [COVID-19] UPDATES AND ARTICLES
- Trucker’s Guide to When Every State is Reopening
- FMSCA Extends Hours of Service Relief Declaration
- How Truck Drivers Can Keep Their Cabs Clean During COVID-19
- International Roadcheck Delayed Over COVID-19 Fears
- Pennsylvania Reopens (Some) Rest Stops
- Truck Dealers Seek “Essential Status”
- Navistar And Paccar Halt Production
- Mack And Volvo Suspend Truck Production
- Fmcsa Expands Its COVID-19 Response
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and equipment financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Semi-Truck Financing
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.