Trucking Jobs Jump Again in November 2021
The Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) has updated its webpage listing the employment numbers for NAICS 484, the trucking industry. Here are the numbers for the past three months.
November 2021 Numbers
The numbers posted for November 2021 are:
- 1,521,300 for the initial preliminary count of November 2021.
- 1,515,700 for the revised preliminary employment count of October 2021, a 200 increase from the first estimate.
- 1,507,800 for the solid numbers of September 2021 This is 4,900 above the first estimate and a 200 increase from the previous estimate.
It appears the BLS has a habit of underestimating the numbers by 200, or the trucking industry continues to outperform initial expectations from the government.
Assuming February 2020 was the final month before the coronavirus pandemic hit, the trucking industry is about 3,500 away from the pre-pandemic number of 1,524,800 employees in the industry.
Trucking as a whole has gone through a lot in the last year and a half, plus change. From mass unemployment layoffs and prices of assets crashing as companies left the business, to truck and trailer sales skyrocketing as thrifty companies take advantage of cheaper prices, to supply chain shortages and prices hitting new records as the economy attempts to revive itself again. Now with port backlogs and rising shipping rates on a per mile basis, the trucking industry is once again showing its ability to come back from any major event thrown at it.
TopMark Funding has been there every step of the way, and we are predicting that the preliminary numbers for December 2020 will be above the numbers for February 2020. We are in the home stretch of this employment trough and will see you at the finish line! Once we cross it, perhaps the industry can focus on hitting its all-time high when compared to July 2019 and 1,532,700 workers. With current events, we believe the industry can hit that goal, too!
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- FMCSA COVID-19 Emergency Extended Another Three Months
- NTEA Cancels Conference, but not for the Reason You Expect
- Johnny Cash and the Distance to go Everywhere, Man
- CTA Petitions the Supreme Court
- Senate Passes INVEST in America Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- Biden Signs Executive Order on Truck Emissions
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
We have financing options for trailers, semi-trucks, commercial trucks, and small businesses. We have great rates, low down payments, and flexible monthly payments regardless of credit history.
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.