Iowa Declares State of Emergency Regarding Avian Flu
We have been reporting so much on coronavirus these past two years, it is almost a sight for sore eyes to hear about another public health crisis!
Now that the shock of a different pathogenic disease as the center of attention has passed, Iowa has declared a State of Emergency within its state borders to help provide support for Buena Vista County.
Buena Vista County is located in the northwestern part of the state. The declaration allows for drivers traveling within Iowa state lines two different benefits:
- Vehicles delivering goods related to the Avian Flu crisis in Buena Vista County, weighing up to 90,000 pounds, can travel on state highways without a permit.
- Drivers delivering goods directly related to the crisis are exempt from Hours-of-Service regulations, within the typical restrictions. If a driver says he feels fatigued, that driver must take a ten-hour break, for example.
The declaration, which you can read on the relevant webpage, also has a Questions & Answers section relating to the details of the declaration. It has helpful information for the most common questions, such as the typical restrictions for driving outside of HoS, and that a permit is still required to drive on interstate highways as they fall under federal regulation.
The Iowa Department of Transportation has also been nice enough to provide contact information for any atypical questions not covered by the Questions & Answers. Iowa DOT can be reached at (515) 237-3264 or by email at email@example.com.
The State of Emergency ends either when terminated by Governor Kim Reynolds or April 5th, 2022, whichever comes first. If the health crisis is not sufficiently resolved by that date, it is possible for Governor Reynolds to extend the declaration, or expand its breadth to neighboring counties if needed.
As with all declarations for States of Emergency, what you see is what you get. Nothing in the declaration allows drivers to operate vehicles while intoxicated above legal limits, run red lights, or use a vehicle deemed to be out-of-service. Always remember to drive safely!
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
We have financing options for trailers, semi-trucks, commercial trucks, and small businesses. We have great rates, low down payments, and flexible monthly payments regardless of credit history.
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- FMCSA COVID-19 Emergency Extended Another Three Months
- NTEA Cancels Conference, but not for the Reason You Expect
- Johnny Cash and the Distance to go Everywhere, Man
- CTA Petitions the Supreme Court
- Senate Passes INVEST in America Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- Biden Signs Executive Order on Truck Emissions