It seems to be quite the season for natural disasters. As a result, the emergency declarations keep on coming. This time the declaration comes from Bill Lee, governor of Tennessee.
The flash flooding is most prominent in Tennessee City, where it weakens further away from the radius, but still covers Nashville and Waverly.
The destruction has already claimed twenty lives, and an unknown number of people have evacuated their homes to seek drier shelter.
The declaration contains twenty directions, but a few of the most interesting ones are:
- People affected by the torrential flooding can get duplicate driver’s licenses or identification cards without paying a fee.
- People directly impacted by the flash flood can get an additional 20-day emergency supply of prescriptions without a doctor’s note.
- Vehicles transporting emergency goods may travel without any time restrictions, but not between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. (local time) Monday through Friday in Knox, Hamilton, Davidson, Williamson, and Shelby Counties. This might sound contradictory, but supposedly the time restrictions mean hours-of-service.
Presumably, the normal requirements for HoS suspensions apply, such as needing to take a ten-hour break after the delivery is completed. You can read the declaration in its entirety on the FMCSA webpage.
The Earth has a finite amount of water, it just has a problem putting it where it is needed most. Anyone tired of flash flooding or hurricanes is welcome to stay in California for a week, where desertification runs rampant.
Top Trending Trucking Articles
- Congress Considers Side Guards for Trailers
- Truck Parking Bill Makes a Comeback
- Joe Biden’s Infrastructure Plan and How it Impacts Truckers
- CVSA Operation Safe Driver Week Starts July 11th
- Companies and Drivers Split on DRIVE-Safe Act
- Trucking Insurance Bill Reintroduced to Congress
- AB-5 Applies to Trucking, Appeals Court Ruled
- FMCSA Declares Regional Emergency Regarding Fuel
- I-40 Bridge Shut Down Until Further Notice
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.