The Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) is back at it again. Even before Operation Safe Driver Week has taken place, the Alliance already has its gears set on inspecting vehicular brakes.
The CVSA states that for the safety of all drivers on the road, a dedicated week to inspections is necessary:
- From International Roadcheck 2020, brakes were the most common category for vehicles to be put out of service. Combining needed replacements and adjustments, it totaled 38.6% of all vehicle violations.
- Last year’s Brake Safety Week had a 12% failure rate.
- According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), eight of the top 20 violations involved brakes in some manner.
- The FMCSA also says that “brake systems” are the third most cited vehicle-related factor in collision casualties, behind “Other Working Vehicle” and tires from 2016 to 2018.
The CVSA likes to give ample warning as to when it plans to give people inspections, as ultimately the goal of the week-long programs is to improve safety on the road, not to catch people driving in worn-down trucks in the occasional “gotcha” moment.
As safety is key, the CVSA hopes that you would get your brake systems inspected now, not later, to better have your systems in check when the inspection week comes.
Top Trucking Articles of the Past Year
- Biden’s First 100 Days and How it May Affect Trucking
- FMCSA Considers 5/5 Sleeper Berth Split
- Top 10 Semi-Truck Financing Frequently Asked Questions
- What Are The Different Types of Dump Trucks
- DOT Secretary Elaine Chao Announces Resignation
ABOUT TOPMARK FUNDING
TopMark Funding is a top-rated semi-truck financing and trailer financing company located in Roseville, CA. We specialize in commercial trucking and heavy equipment. Our mission is to become your long-term financial partner by helping you grow your trucking business and fleet.
We’re not here for the short-term, we’re on the long-haul with you!
Learn more about Trailer Financing.
Fill out the contact form or give us a call at (866) 627-6644. One of our truck financing specialists will contact you as soon as possible to go over your truck lease needs and learn more about you and your business financing goals.