How to Get Semi-Truck Financing
Everything You Need to Know About How to Get Semi-Truck Financing
- Great Service & Fast Funding
- No Money Down!
- Startups Welcome With Great Credit
- Get Approved for $250k Within 24 Hours – Application Only!
- Guaranteed No Hard Inquiries
How to Get Semi-Truck Financing Step By Step Guide to Truck Financing
Semi-truck financing and commercial truck financing are different from traditional vehicle financing and leasing. Traditional truck loans typically require your credit, business revenue, and time in business to determine if you’re qualified.
When it comes to semi-truck financing, the truck you decide to purchase becomes the collateral, which helps to limit the lender’s risk on the semi-truck lease or loan. By reducing the risk you’re more likely to be qualified for truck financing.
Several factors will determine your semi-truck loan or lease term, interest rate, and down payment. Here’s a list of all the requirements and factors that determine your eligibility and financial requirements.
1. DETERMINE YOUR ELIGIBILITY – GET PRE-APPROVED
Before you go semi-truck shopping it’s recommended first to get pre-approved for semi-truck financing. At TopMark Funding we have a quick and easy pre-approval process. One of our finance specialists will ask you a few questions about your credit and business history. We will then do a soft pull on your credit, not a hard inquiry. The majority of our competitors do a hard credit inquiry. That’s not good for your credit score. Our pre-approval process is guaranteed not to harm your business or personal credit score. Once we get your credit results back we’ll get you pre-approved with the amount you’re allowed to finance.
Factors That Determine Eligibility
- Credit Score – 650 or Above for the Best Semi-Truck Financing Rates.
- Time in Business with a CDL License – 3+ Years Preferred (But We Can Finance Start-ups Too!)
- Down Payment Amount – How Much Can You Afford to Put Down on Your Semi-Truck.
Making smart choices with semi-truck financing is critical to any trucking company. Having up-to-date equipment to maximize efficiency and stay in compliance with the ever-changing regulations is important to a company’s growth and sustainability. We’ve made the funding process quick and easy so you can get funded fast and on the road with your new truck!
I want to get the process started ASAP! Click here >>Get a Quote<<
SEMI-TRUCK FINANCING AND CREDIT
When it comes to getting a new truck, credit can play a big role. When shopping for a loan for a new truck, you need to keep your credit health in mind. A lot of truckers actually harm their credit by applying haphazardly to any and every company that promises they can get them the truck of their dreams.
What actually happens is a LOT of hard inquiries on your report. Remember, each hard inquiry can ding you about 10 points. If you even apply to 4 places, that’s enough to drop your score a whole credit grade.
Dealers are another avenue you want to be wary of in regards to credit. When you “apply” or see if you can get financed for a truck you like at a dealership, what that dealers often do is send your information around to any bank or company they think you can get approved at. Again, this leads to many unnecessary and credit-damaging hard inquiries.
Don’t worry, there are companies out there that can get approved for truck financing without harming your credit. We here TopMark Funding can help you by getting you pre-approved with just a soft inquiry. This way, you can see your rates without any damage done to your credit or commitment.
For these reasons, it’s important for you to be familiar with both your credit score and what financing companies can offer you at your current credit rating before you ding your score. Do your research and make sure you are making good choices for your business. Click the link if you want to read our in-depth Semi-Truck Financing guide. Being knowledgeable about the process and what it means in terms of credit will help you make the best choices.
BREAKDOWN OF FICO SCORE RANGES
- 300-579: A score in this range is considered Very Poor. Credit applicants with a score in this range will often be required to pay larger fees and deposits, or sometimes may not be approved for credit at all. 16% of people have a score in this range.
- 580-669: Scores between the 580 mark to the higher 600s are called Fair credit scores. Often, people with scores in this range will be referred to as subprime borrowers. A total of 17% of people have a credit score in this range.
- 670-739: This range is referred to as Good. Individuals with scores this high have a much lower rate of default. Statistically, about 8% of applicants with a Good range credit score will become seriously delinquent. Around 21% of people have a score in this range.
- 740-799: People with scores in the mid to top 700s are in the range of Very Good. Borrowers with scores in this range will receive better than average interest rates from banks and lenders. 25% of people have a score in this range.
- 800-850: The top of the scale is considered an Exceptional credit score. Individuals with a credit score above 800 receive the best rates from lenders. Around 21% of people have scores between 800-850.
Statistically speaking, most people’s credit scores fall between the range of 600 to 720.
WHAT AFFECTS YOUR CREDIT SCORE
- Payment history – This shows if you’ve made your payments on time or at all.
- Credit utilization rate – How much of your credit you are using on your credit cards.
- Type, amount, and age of credit accounts – Lenders want to see diversity on your credit report. Having a good mix of credit cards, a car loan, and maybe a mortgage helps your score.
- Total Debt Owed – This is the amount you owe in loans and how much is on your cards.
- Bankruptcies, Child Support Due, Public Records – Filing for bankruptcy or having a large amount of delinquent child support will hurt your score.
- New Credit Accounts – Opening a lot of accounts in a short period of time can hurt your score. If you have gotten too many loans or credit cards in a 2-year period, it can ding you.
- Hard Inquiries – The number of times a lender has requested your credit information will affect your score. These searches stay on your report for two years.
If your credit looks good and you want to get pre-approved today – Click Here
2. FIND YOUR NEW or Used SEMI-TRUCK
Here’s the fun part of the semi-truck financing process: shopping for your new big rig! When shopping for your new 18-wheeler you need to keep in mind some requirements the lenders have. We always recommend buying your new or used semi-truck from a reputable semi-truck dealer. If you’re not sure which semi-truck dealer in your area is reputable, give us a call and we’ll have some suggestions at (866) 627-6644. We have a list of great dealers throughout the US.
- Make, Model, Year (Less than 10+ years)
- Mileage (Less than 700k)
- The truck needs to be for your intended use.
- Condition Report
- Any past major repairs.
- Preferably sold by a semi-truck dealer.
- Serial Number of the truck.
- Is the semi-truck new or used
- Minimum of 3 pictures
Lenders want to make sure the semi-truck you’re trying to buy is a good investment for you and will last the duration of the financing term. Also, the truck is the collateral for the financing. If something were to happen and you can no longer afford to pay the lease or loan back, the lender will need to repossess the semi-truck and recover their capital.
Found Your Truck and Need Financing? Great! Click to Start the Process
3. FIND GOOD SEMI-TRUCK INSURANCE
Before you get approved and obtain your semi-truck lease or loan, you’ll need to have semi-truck insurance. Semi-truck lenders will make sure you have good semi-truck insurance. Just like your personal vehicle, you’ll need good insurance for your big rig. Just like anything else in life, you get what you pay for. Your semi-truck and business are valuable assets and you don’t want to be under-insured and liable for the potentially massive repair and legal bills.
Semi-Truck lenders require you to have the following coverage:
- Liability coverage
- Physical damage coverage
- Bobtail coverage for non-trucking use
- Cargo and storage coverage that covers what you’re hauling
If you own a fleet of semi-trucks and have employees driving for you, you’re going to need workers’ compensation. Contact your local business insurance agent for more details.
Lenders will not allow you to finalize the deal without the correct type of insurance for a semi-truck. If you have any questions please feel free to contact your finance specialist. (866) 627-6644
Get Pre-Approved Today – Quick & Easy Application >> Get a Quote <<
4. SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS AND GET FUNDED
Once you’ve picked out your semi-truck that meets all the requirements and you have the proper insurance in place, it’s time to finalize your funding. Contact your finance specialist to finalize your application.
Documents will be generated and then emailed for review and signature. An electronic signature is acceptable on most documents.
After the signed contract is returned, we’ll process your documents. Most transactions fund within 1 to 3 days. We have a fast turnaround to get you the truck you want up and running.
Our Process is Quick & Easy! - Get Pre-Approved Today The Best Trucking Decision You'll Make
Making smart choices with semi-truck financing is critical to any trucking company working in logistics. Having up-to-date equipment to maximize efficiency and stay in compliance with the ever-changing regulations is important to a company’s growth and sustainability. We’ve made the funding process quick and easy so you can get funded fast and on the road.
- Apply Online: Fill out the quick and easy contact form. Or give us a call at (866) 627-6644
- Select a Solution: A business funding advisor will contact you to go over your funding and business needs. We want to understand your needs to find the best solution that meets your objectives. And help you grow your business.
- Review Documents: Once we have determined the best solution for you and your business, documents are generated and emailed for review and signature. An electronic signature is acceptable on most documents.
- Get Funded: After the signed contract is returned, we’ll process your documents. Most transactions fund within 1 to 3 days. Fast turn around to get you the truck or heavy equipment you want up and running.
Helping You Buy Your New or Used Semi-Truck It's What We Do Best!
At TopMark Funding your satisfaction is our top priority. With decades of semi-truck leasing experience. We know how important it is to deliver a great customer experience. Check out our reviews from our amazing clients.
Helping Trucking Companies It's What We Do Best!
Whether you’re a truck driver with bad credit, high credit score, owner-operator, small fleet owner or own a large fleet of big rigs, we have a truck leasing solution for you. We have great semi truck leasing programs that will fit your budget and help add more profit to your bottom line. Click the “Get Pre-Approved Today” to speak to one of our semi-truck leasing specialists.
Fast Funding - Time Is Money Let's Get You Paid!
Time is Money! Our process is quick and easy. We know how important it is to get you funded fast and back on the road in your new semi-truck. The faster you’re on the road, the faster you can make more money. Click the “Get Started Now” button to start our quick and easy application process. The faster you start, the faster you GET PAID! Can’t wait? Give us a call now (866) 627-6644
You Have Questions - We Have Answers Frequently Asked Questions
It’s easy when you deal with TopMark Funding®. We specialize in semi-truck financing. We have many truck financing programs for great credit, bad credit, semi-truck loans, semi truck lease, you name it we got it. Apply today for a free no-obligation quote. No hard inquiries or negative impact on your credit score. Or feel free to give us a call and a semi-truck finance specialist will be glad to help. (866) 627-6644
Get a Risk-Free Quote Today
What We Finance Grow Your Fleet & Increase Your Revenue
+ Dump Trucks
+ Box Trucks
+ Cargo Trucks
+ Garbage Trucks
+ Bucket Trucks
+ Grapple Trucks
+ Construction Vehicles
+ Passenger Vans
+ Taxi Cabs
+ Emergency Vehicles
+ Amazon Delivery Van
Small Business Loans
+ Business Loans
+ Working Capital
+ Merchant Cash Advance
+ Equipment Financing
+ Medical Equipment
+ IT Equipment